Thursday, June 26, 2008

What's in a Saying?

My Grandpa, My Mom, KC (#88), and Me (#44)
Sayings...

So I was talking to my roommate the other day, and he said that he wish he had a notebook so that he could write down all the sayings that I have. Do I really have that many? I started to think about how many sayings I have. I guess there are a few. More importantly I started to think about why I love quick and concise sayings. It stems from My Grandpa Clark Owen Thompson. He seems to be the most beloved person in my family, and for good reason. He was quick with a smile, a compliment, and I am not sure there is anyone that could make you feel better about yourself than he could. I know that when I was with him I felt like I could do anything! I have vivid memories of this man, and to think he passed away when I was only 7! Here are some snidbits and sayings that have been passed down over the years from Good Ole Grandpa Clark (may he rest in peace.)

I have put some sayings that I have acquired over the years next to his. If any of my friends are reading this blog. Please write down some of your favorites that you have heard me say. I may just be repeating my grandpa, but as you can see he is beloved. If you are family, please write down any other sayings that you remember Grandpa Clark saying…

Grandpa Clark
--She needs an over the shoulder boulder holder.
-- She’s going to have black eyes and bruised knees”
--I love myself I love me so, I took me to a picture show, I put my arms around my waist, I got so fresh I slapped my face.”
--spectacles, testicles, watch and wallet"
--Spinal Mengitis, I got it amen
--You (or I) have a good memory, it's just short!!
--Don't go by without passing
--When giving a toast say "here's looking up you old address"
--Rooty toot toot, rooty toot toot…we’re the girls from the Institute. We don’t smoke, we don’t chew, and we don’t go with the boys that do…well…2 outta 3 ain’t bad.
-- She had Russian hands and Roman fingers.
--I need to go see a man about a horse.
--I need to go and powder my nose.
--Here's your hat, what’s your hurry
--Don't let the door hit you on the way out
--Feels so good out, i think i'll keep it out all day
--I'd rather owe it to you, than cheat you out of it
--Sit down before you fall down and break something
--The carburetor doesn't carb, the batteries don't bat and the pistons; well they don't work either
--The fall won't hurt (kill) ya, it's that sudden stop at the end that will hurt(kill) ya
--I've (or you've) got a hitch in my (you're) get-a-long
--I have to go to the bathroom so bad I can taste it!!!
--I (or you) have good taste, too bad it is all in your (my) mouth!!!!
--Heads I win, tails you lose!!!
--You have a lot of class----- without the CL
--Here's your hat, what's your hurry.
Riley Sayings...
--Don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split ya.
--I hate to see you leave but I love to watch you go!
--You're so full of crap your eyes are brown.
--Get up and get gone.
--I've been sweating like a bad girl in church.
--Shut the Front Door! (With a look of, are you kidding me?)
--Damage!
--Bastage!
--Son of a biscuit!
--Holy Shiite Muslim!
I know I have a ton more! I just can't think of them right now!
Please send me some new one's or else send me some that you know I say all the time!!! Peace out!
Riles

7 comments:

brohammas said...

Would you like to dance? No, I said you look really fat in those pants.

I'm just brushing my teeth.

Sista can't resista!

YOU KNOW WHAT!

Are you sure I'm a real polar bear?

Anonymous said...

more sayings I learned from Riley:

- hotter than a country girl's curling iron

- don't piss down my back and tell me it's rainin

- calves on the cob!

- calfceratops

- quadzilla

- she's 40 yard fox

- butter face (everything's hot but her face)

- onion butt (so good it makes me want to cry

- summer teeth (some are here, some are there)

- she tried to hold my priesthood

- wish I had a swing like that in my backyard

- she's got "Emerson" [state body part here]. (emerson nice.. ankles, etc)

- can't make chicken salad out of chicken shiznit

- can't fertilize the field by farting through the fence

- free bucks and free cents

- I'm cheap but I'm not free

Riley Jensen said...

some other phrases that I omitted...

--Jimmy Crack Corn (when I am trying to tell someone I don't care)

--Don't care do your job!
--You smell good...you smell like ham!
--Uh..is this thing on?
--I'm competitious.
--His elevator doesn't go to the top floor.
--He's a hamburger short of a heart attack.
--He's one fry short of a happy meal.
--In referring to life passing me by..."Its like people are jet setting around the world and I got three flat tires on the tarmac."
--One eye on me...and one eye on the next guy.

brohammas said...

Freakin' guy

Admin said...

-That guy out kicked his coverage.

Love your stuff!

Admin said...

-Let's throw it against the wall and see what sticks.

Admin said...

-She's got body Karate!